Thursday, July 30, 2009

Shastafari






I am from a small Alpine community in Northern California, which is sort of a refuge from the rest of the world, at least for me it is. Mt Shasta is a small town tucked away in the cascade mountain range of the Great North West, which is easy to miss as a small blip off the I-5. It is blessed with snow in the winter where the denizens can be spotted glissading down the snow blanketed mountains, and through hibernating pines frozen in there winter tomb. In the summer, if the inhabitants aren't found traversing the peaks of the mountain they will certainly be soaking up the suns blessed rays as lizards do on smooth worn thrones made from stone. I have the blessing to vacation in my own hometown for a few odd weeks before I am off on a grand adventure in B.C. So far I have done a fair share of hiking and a bit off rock climbing to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment